Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is a 290-bed acute care facility located in Hudson, Florida. Home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute, over 350 physicians, 950 employees, and 500 volunteers comprise our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Our nationally recognized Heart Institute, Accredited Stroke Center, Accredited Chest Pain Center, Commission on Cancer approved Cancer Care, Orthopedic, and Neurosurgery programs are all examples of the high quality results we produce while caring for our patients. We provide a full range of adult cardiac services and our physicians are dedicated to the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of heart disease. We provide comprehensive cardiac service and have performed over 100,000 procedures since opening our doors.
The experienced nurses, technicians, therapists, dieticians and chaplains on our staff contribute to this commitment to excellence. This multi-faceted team of healthcare professionals have contributed to our ongoing history of quality performances as evidenced by the following awards in the past years.
- About Us
- CEO Message
- Community Involvement
- Contact Us
- Hospital Leadership
- Mission & Values
- Quality & Patient Safety
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 1,264 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Level II Trauma Center
- Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care
- 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2014 Top Performing Hospital for Key Quality Measures for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care - The Joint Commission
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center - Joint Commission
- 2014 and 2015 Top Performing Hospital for Key Quality Measures for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, surgical care, VTE and stroke - The Joint Commission
- Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 - 2011
- MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited - American College of Radiology
- Approved Community Cancer Program - American College of Surgeons
- 5 Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: primary stroke center, acute myocardial infarction, coronary artery bypass graft, joint replacement hip, joint replacement knee
- Awarded Hospital Safety Score of "A" in SIX consecutive rankings by The Leapfrog Group
- Recipient of the 2014 American Heart Association (AHA)/American Stroke Association's Get With The Guidelines(R) Gold Performance Achievement Award in stroke
- Awarded full Atrial Fibrillation Certification status from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC)
New Smoking Policy - Effective April 1, 2013
In keeping with our mission to improve the health of our communities, we are committed to providing a safe, clean and healthy environment for our patients, employees, visitors and customers. The use of all tobacco-related product are prohibited anywhere on the hospital campus to reduce the risk associated with passive smoking, and reduce the risk of fire hazard.
Learn more about the smoking policy .
- Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point Recognizes Geriatric Education Month with "Sailing Through the Silver Years" Tutorial
- Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine Annual Residency Fair
- Greatest Appreciation Presented to Graduate Medical Education Residents
- Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point Holds Its First Commencement Ceremony for Its Graduate Medical Education Program
- RMCBP Announces Its Graduate Medical Education Program's Resident of the Year and Faculty Physician of the Year