- About Us
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is a 290-bed acute care facility located in Hudson, Florida. Home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute, over 350 physicians, 950 employees, and 500 volunteers comprise our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Our nationally recognized Heart Institute, Accredited Stroke Center, Accredited Chest Pain Center, Commission on Cancer approved Cancer Care, Orthopedic, and Neurosurgery programs are all examples of the high quality results we produce while caring for our patients. We provide a full range of adult cardiac services and our physicians are dedicated to the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of heart disease. We provide comprehensive cardiac service and have performed over 100,000 procedures since opening our doors.
The experienced nurses, technicians, therapists, dieticians and chaplains on our staff contribute to this commitment to excellence. This multi-faceted team of healthcare professionals have contributed to our ongoing history of quality performances as evidenced by the following awards in the past years.
- About Us
- CEO Message
- Contact Us
- Community Involvement
- Hospital Leadership
- Maps & Directions
- Quality & Patient Safety
Accreditation and Awards
- Level II Trauma Center
- Top Performing Hospital for Key Quality Measures - recognized as one of the nation’s top performing hospitals for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care by the Joint Commission
- Accredited Chest Pain Center, with PCI - Society of Chest Pain Centers for Cycle I, II and III Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center - Joint Commission
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center - Joint Commission
- Recipient of the 2013 American Heart Association (AHA)/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Gold Performance Achievement Award in both heart failure and stroke.
- Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2012
- MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited - American College of Radiology
- Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program - American College of Surgeons.
- 10 Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: primary stroke center, acute myocardial infarction, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), coronary artery bypass graft, heart failure, joint replacement hip, joint replacement knee, lung cancer, pneumonia, wound care!
- Awarded Hospital Safety Score of “A” in four consecutive rankings by The Leapfrog Group.
New Smoking Policy - Effective April 1, 2013
In keeping with our mission to improve the health of our communities, we are committed to providing a safe, clean and healthy environment for our patients, employees, visitors and customers. The use of all tobacco-related product are prohibited anywhere on the hospital campus to reduce the risk associated with passive smoking, and reduce the risk of fire hazard.
Learn more about the smoking policy (PDF - 309 KB).