- About Us
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is a 290-bed acute care facility located in Hudson, Florida. Home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute, over 350 physicians, 950 employees, and 500 volunteers comprise our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Our nationally recognized Heart Institute, Accredited Stroke Center, Accredited Chest Pain Center, Commission on Cancer approved Cancer Care, Orthopedic, and Neurosurgery programs are all examples of the high quality results we produce while caring for our patients. We provide a full range of adult cardiac services and our physicians are dedicated to the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of heart disease. We provide comprehensive cardiac service and have performed over 100,000 procedures since opening our doors.
The experienced nurses, technicians, therapists, dieticians and chaplains on our staff contribute to this commitment to excellence. This multi-faceted team of healthcare professionals have contributed to our ongoing history of quality performances as evidenced by the following awards in the past years.
- About Us
- CEO Message
- Contact Us
- Community Involvement
- Hospital Leadership
- Maps & Directions
- Quality & Patient Safety
Accreditation and Awards
- Level II Trauma Center
- 2011 and 2012 Top Performing Hospital for Key Quality Measures for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care - The Joint Commission
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center - Joint Commission
- Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2011
- MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited - American College of Radiology
- Approved Community Cancer Program - American College of Surgeons
- 5 Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: primary stroke center, acute myocardial infarction, coronary artery bypass graft, joint replacement hip, joint replacement knee!
- Awarded Hospital Safety Score of “A” in four consecutive rankings by The Leapfrog Group.
- Recipient of the 2013 American Heart Association (AHA)/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Gold Performance Achievement Award in both heart failure and stroke.
- Gold Winner - Best of Suncoast, The Suncoast News Readers' Poll 2014
New Smoking Policy - Effective April 1, 2013
In keeping with our mission to improve the health of our communities, we are committed to providing a safe, clean and healthy environment for our patients, employees, visitors and customers. The use of all tobacco-related product are prohibited anywhere on the hospital campus to reduce the risk associated with passive smoking, and reduce the risk of fire hazard.
Learn more about the smoking policy (PDF - 309 KB).