American Heart Association’s Fit-Friendly Company – Gold Award Received
December 13, 2011
The Hospitals of the Hernando/Pasco Market of the HCA West Florida Division Again All Receive the American Heart Association’s Fit-Friendly Company – Gold Award
New Port Richey-Hudson and Spring Hill, FL – The Hospitals which make up the Hernando/Pasco market of the HCA West Florida Division recently had the distinction of all being recipients of the American Heart Association’s Start! Fit-Friendly Company - Gold Award. Community Hospital, Oak Hill Hospital and Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point were all recognized as Start! Fit-Friendly Companies. The three hospitals continue to be multiple year recipients of the award.
Start! Fit-Friendly Companies recognition program award is given by the American Heart Association’s Start! Movement. It is intended to be a catalyst for positive change in the workplace across America. It recognizes companies that demonstrate progressive leadership by making the health and wellness of their employees a priority.
Community Hospital, Oak Hill Hospital, and Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point have been recognized at the Gold Level, which means that:
- They offer employees physical activity support at the worksite
- They have increased the number of healthy eating options available to employees
- They promote a wellness culture at the worksite
- They embrace at least nine criteria as outlined by the American Heart Association in the areas of physical activity, nutrition and culture
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 900 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
RMCBP has been approved by the Florida Department of Health, Office of Trauma, as a Provisional Level 2 Trauma Center. This designation means critically injured patients may have access to treatment in the “golden hour.” This is the first hour after a serious injury in which there is the highest likelihood that prompt medical attention will prevent death. Through an affiliation with the University of South Florida Health, RMCBP has the support of a major academic university and medical school. A Trauma Center in our community means faster treatment to improve patient outcomes and keep patients close to home and their loved ones.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Recipient of the 2011 American Heart Association/ American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award.
- Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is the only hospital in Tampa Bay area to achieve the Gold Plus standard in both heart failure and stroke.
- Recognized in 2011 as one of the nation’s top performing hospitals in quality measurements by the Joint Commission, the nation’s leading healthcare accrediting body.
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center - Joint Commission
- Accredited Chest Pain Center, with PCI - Society of Chest Pain Centers
- Certified Advanced Heart Failure - Joint Commission (1st in the State of Florida - 1/2010)
- Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2010
- American Heart Association's 2009 Stroke Silver Plus Performance Award Winner (1st in State of Florida)
- Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine
- MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited - American College of Radiology
- Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program - American College of Surgeons.
- Designated a 100 Top Hospital seven years by Thomson Reuters
- Named twice (1999 & 2002) by U.S. News & World Report as one of America’s Best Hospitals in Heart and Heart Surgery.
Marketing & Public Relations Contact: