Continuing Medical Education Program Receives Four-Year Reaccreditation
May 11, 2011
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point’s Continuing Medical Education (CME) Program Receives Four-Year Reaccreditation
Hudson, FL - The Florida Medical Association (FMA) has reaccredited Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point’s Continuing Medical Education (CME) program until November 2014. The comprehensive approval process includes a review of programs offered for a wide variety of elements. These elements include the planning of content, target audience, purpose, need and expected result/outcome of each learning activity, the evaluation of each program and continuing improvements made to the program as a whole. Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point thanks Dr. Rao Musunuru for his years of dedication to the CME Program serving as the Chairman since 1999.
Over the years notable speakers such as Michael Debakey, MD (Performed 1st Coronary Bypass Surgery); Christian Barnard, MD (Performed the 1st heart transplant); Denton Cooley, MD (Pioneer in Open Heart Surgery); Albert Starr, MD (Performed 1st Artificial Heart Valve Surgery); Dr. Norman Swan (Inventory of Swan-Ganz Catheter); Dr. James Cox (Inventory of Maze Surgery for Atrial Fibrillation): Dr. Delos M. Cosgrove (Pioneer of Heart Valve Reconstruction Surgery); and Dr. Randis Batista (Inventory of Surgery for Enlarged Heart) and many more pioneers in cardiology and cardiac surgery have participated in educational programs sponsored by Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point, under close supervision by Dr. Musunuru.
The FMA complimented Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point’s education department for its CME activity planning form and the outcomes report which links learning activities to quality patient care results. "We are very pleased that the FMA has recognized and identified the hospital's ongoing commitment to providing the highest quality continuing medical education, including “medical error prevention” for physicians and nurses in Florida," said Dr. Musunuru.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Certified Advanced Heart Failure - Joint Commission (1st in the State of Florida - 1/2010)
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center - Joint Commission
- American Heart Association 2010 Get With the Guidelines Triple Performance Award Winner
- Gold Award in Coronary Artery Disease
- Gold Plus Award in Heart Failure
- Gold Plus Award in Stroke
- American Heart Association's 2009 Stroke Silver Plus Performance Award Winner (1st in State of Florida)
- Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2010
- Wound Care and Accredited Hyperbaric Medicine
- MRI, CT, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited - American College of Radiology
- Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program - American College of Surgeons.
- Accredited Chest Pain Center, with PCI - Society of Chest Pain Centers.
- Designated a 100 Top Hospital seven years by Thomson Reuters
- Named twice (1999 & 2002) by U.S. News & World Report as one of America’s Best Hospitals in Heart and Heart Surgery.
Marketing & Public Relations Contact: