February 03, 2011
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point Honors Its Employees of the Quarter, Essential Piece Award Recipients, and Service Award Recipients
Hudson, Florida (January 31, 2011) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has announced the 2010 fourth quarter recipients of its Employee Excellence Awards, Essential Piece Awards, and Service Award Recipients. The Essential Piece Award recognizes Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point employees for their demonstration of customer service. These are employees who are observed going the extra mile on a daily basis, not only to meet but to exceed the needs of their coworkers, patients, physicians, and community. The individuals selected were recognized by their peers as having demonstrated outstanding customer service.
Comments provided are received directly from patients and staff. This quarter’s “Essential Piece Award” winners receive a gift catalog to choose a gift of their choice.
Raquel Munoz - LPN – Oncology – “As a recent patient, I must say that Raquel is an excellent nurse. When admitted I really felt like garbage. She made my stay here so much more tolerable. Everything she did she did with a smile. Even though I was a whiney baby, she never made me feel that way.”
Barbara Chacon - RN – Telemetry – “I would like to complement Barbara for the outstanding job she does and for helping her co-workers in need and often going above and beyond the call of duty. Recently, a patient who had been discharged had left a wicker basket in her room which had been thrown out in the trash. This basket was from a funeral and had extra meaning to the patient. Barbara went out and searched the dumpster in order to retrieve the basket. That took a lot of heart and says a lot about Barbara.”
Marcus Moffett – Surgery – “Marcus has been the daytime coordinator for just a short time, but he has become the “anchor” of the department to staff and surgeons alike. If and when there are patient care issues he is flexible and works with other departments to ensure everything is taken care of. Marcus does whatever is needed to ensure a smooth and safe environment for patients and staff. When a day’s schedule runs well and staff members compliment him, he always says it wasn’t him ---it was the staff who worked so hard. His positive “can do” attitude is the perfect asset in our department.”
The 5th Annual Employee of the Year Award was also presented. The Employee of the Year is the employee who best exemplifies employee excellence. In order to be eligible for this prestigious honor, the employee had to be a 2010 Quarterly Employee Excellence winner. Each quarter, the EAG Committee reviews and scores each quarterly nominee.
The quarterly award winners are the three nominees with the highest scores. The winner of the Employee of the Year is the employee who has the highest score of all the 2010 winners.
This year’s winner will receive a gift catalog to select a gift of their choice, a 2010 Employee of the Year lapel pin, and a parking pass for the Physician’s parking lot for one full year!
The 2010 quarterly Employee Excellent winners were:
- Sheryl Daun – RN - SCU
- Ashley Leonard – RN - Neuro-spine
- Ray Davis – LPN - Medical / Oncology
- Lourdes Castaner – LPN - Neuro / Spine
- Vangi Pagulayan – RN - PACU
- John Weidener - ER Tech – Emergency Room
- Gina Tannanbaum – RN - Spine Center
- Carlos Gonzalez - Nuclear Med Technician - Nuclear Medicine
- Sherri Summerfield – RN - CSSU
The 2010 Employee of the Year is Carlos Gonzalez, Nuclear Medicine.
Service Awards recognize employees for the years of service with the facility and with the company. Each award recipient receives an Omni box with a certificate of appreciation, an HCA/Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point pin, and a gift catalog that allows the employee to choose a gift of their choice.
- Glenn Ballard – Oncology - 25 Years of Service
- Tammy Craven – Endoscopy - 25 Years of Service
- Theresa Ochs – PACU - 25 Years of Service
- Christa Arvay - CSU - 20 Years of Service
- Pamela Jordan – CPOE - 20 Years of Service
- Mary Ann Phelan – Infusion - 20 Years of Service
- Darrell Scott - Plant Operations - 20 Years of Service
- Shari Summerfield – CSSU - 20 Years of Service
- Theresa Dermody – SCU - 15 Years of Service
- Sharon Enos – CSSU - 15 Years of Service
- Suresh Gandhi – Laboratory - 15 Years of Service
- Vail Hayes – Endoscopy - 15 Years of Service
- Elizabeth Levesque – SICU - 15 Years of Service
- Brent Adams - Infusion - 10 Years of Service
- Mary Alcaro-Garcia – PAS - 10 Years of Service
- April Alter – SICU - 10 Years of Service
- Charlotte Bellezza – SCU - 10 Years of Service
- Tina Burgess – Infusion - 10 Years of Service
- Richard Doty - Emergency Department - 10 Years of Service
- Judy Krcmaric - Food Services - 10 Years of Service
- Starlene Lichon – Telemetry - 10 Years of Service
- Maria Paulter – Endoscopy - 10 Years of Service
- Melissa Reed – CCU - 10 Years of Service
- William Rueck - Cardiac Imaging - 10 Years of Service
- Ryan Senzig – MRI - 10 Years of Service
- Janet Sullivan – CPRU - 10 Years of Service
- Susan Bearden - Case Management - 5 Years of Service
- Patricia Carreiro - Cath Lab - 5 Years of Service
- Ellen Gibbs – Oncology - 5 Years of Service
- Angela Houghtalin – Telemetry - 5 Years of Service
- Alicia Low – Telemetry - 5 Years of Service
- Cherilyn MacLeod - Spine Center - 5 Years of Service
- Ashley Pettitt – Telemetry - 5 Years of Service
- Sharon Rogers – CSSU - 5 Years of Service
- Raymond Thompson – Telemetry - 5 Years of Service