March 03, 2011
Hudson, FL. — Regional Medical Center at Bayonet Point has announced that, on February 22, 2011, it was awarded a three-year term of accreditation in computed tomography (CT) as the result of a recent review by the American College of Radiology (ACR). CT scanning — sometimes called CAT scanning — is a noninvasive medical test that helps physicians diagnose and tailor treatments for various medical conditions.
The ACR gold seal of accreditation represents the highest level of image quality and patient safety. It is awarded only to facilities meeting ACR Practice Guidelines and Technical Standards after a peer-review evaluation by board-certified physicians and medical physicists who are experts in the field. Image quality, personnel qualifications, adequacy of facility equipment, quality control procedures, and quality assurance programs are assessed. The findings are reported to the ACR Committee on Accreditation, which subsequently provides the practice with a comprehensive report they can use for continuous practice improvement.
The ACR is a national professional organization serving more than 34,000 diagnostic/interventional radiologists, radiation oncologists, nuclear medicine physicians, and medical physicists with programs focusing on the practice of medical imaging and radiation oncology and the delivery of comprehensive health care services.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- • Certified Advanced Heart Failure - Joint Commission (1st in the State of Florida - 1/2010)
- • Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center - Joint Commission
- • American Heart Association 2010 Get With the Guidelines Triple Performance Award Winner
- o Gold Award in Coronary Artery Disease
- o Gold Plus Award in Heart Failure
- o Gold Plus Award in Stroke
- • American Heart Association's 2009 Stroke Silver Plus Performance Award Winner (1st in State of Florida)
- • Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2010
- • Wound Care and Accredited Hyperbaric Medicine
- • MRI, CT, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited - American College of Radiology
- • Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program - American College of Surgeons.
- • Accredited Chest Pain Center, with PCI - Society of Chest Pain Centers.
- • Designated a 100 Top Hospital seven years by Thomson Reuters
- • Named twice (1999 & 2002) by U.S. News & World Report as one of America’s Best Hospitals in Heart and Heart Surgery.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL 34667.