March 29, 2011
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has announced that Beemal Shah has been promoted to Chief Operating Officer for the hospital. Mr. Shah has been serving in a similar capacity at HCA’s South Bay Hospital in Sun City, Florida, since 2009.
Beemal’s educational background includes earning a Master of Health Administration from the Virginia Commonwealth University and a Bachelor of Science in industrial engineering from the Georgia Institute of Technology.
Highly regarded for his work ethic and many professional accomplishments over the past five years with HCA, Beemal’s other experience includes serving as an Associate Administrator at Henrico Doctor’s Hospital in Richmond, Virginia, and Administrative Resident at the HCA’s Capital Division Office in Richmond. He has also worked as a Management Engineer and a Planning Analyst in the healthcare industry. Beemal is a member of the American College of Healthcare Executives.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Certified Advanced Heart Failure - Joint Commission (1st in the State of Florida - 1/2010)
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center - Joint Commission
- American Heart Association 2010 Get With the Guidelines Triple Performance Award Winner
- Gold Award in Coronary Artery Disease
- Gold Plus Award in Heart Failure
- Gold Plus Award in Stroke
- American Heart Association's 2009 Stroke Silver Plus Performance Award Winner (1st in State of Florida)
- Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2010
- Wound Care and Accredited Hyperbaric Medicine
- MRI, CT, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited - American College of Radiology
- Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program - American College of Surgeons.
- Accredited Chest Pain Center, with PCI - Society of Chest Pain Centers.
- Designated a 100 Top Hospital seven years by Thomson Reuters
- Named twice (1999 & 2002) by U.S. News & World Report as one of America’s Best Hospitals in Heart and Heart Surgery.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at14000 Fivay RoadHudson, FL. 34667.
For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.rmchealth.com or www.heartoftampa.com.