Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has announced that Douglas Harris Cohen, DPM, CWSP, FACCWS (Doctor of Podiatric Medicine, Certified Wound Specialist-Physician, Fellow of the American College of Certified Wound Specialists) has been recently appointed to the American Academy of Wound Management’s Certified Wound Specialist-Physician (CWSP) subcommittee. The American Academy of Wound Management has selected those who they feel best qualified to serve on the CWSP examination subcommittee. This group will be responsible for the development of future CWSP examinations.
Dr. Cohen is one of the elite few in the country to hold the designation of Certified Wound Specialist-Physician. The subcommittee will convene to review submitted items and develop the exam that will be administered in 2011.
Dr. Cohen is on staff at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point where he is a member of both the podiatric medical staff and the wound care medical staff. His practice is located at 10499 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill, Florida. Dr. Cohen is a graduate of the New York College of Podiatric Medicine and can be reached at 352-263-2010.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- • Certified Advanced Heart Failure - Joint Commission (1st in the State of Florida - 1/2010)
- • Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center - Joint Commission
- • American Heart Association 2010 Get With the Guidelines Triple Performance Award Winner
- o Gold Award in Coronary Artery Disease
- o Gold Plus Award in Heart Failure
- o Gold Plus Award in Stroke
- • American Heart Association's 2009 Stroke Silver Plus Performance Award Winner (1st in State of Florida)
- • Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2010
- • Wound Care and Accredited Hyperbaric Medicine
- • MRI, CT, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited - American College of Radiology
- • Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program - American College of Surgeons.
- • Accredited Chest Pain Center, with PCI - Society of Chest Pain Centers.
- • Designated a 100 Top Hospital seven years by Thomson Reuters
- • Named twice (1999 & 2002) by U.S. News & World Report as one of America’s Best Hospitals in Heart and Heart Surgery.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667.