January 19, 2011
Hudson, Florida – The Heart Institute at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has announced that its Cardiac & Pulmonary Rehabilitation Department will offer individual and small group tours during Cardiac Rehab Week (February 13-19).
The cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation programs are specially designed programs that are designed to improve the health of those who have specific heart and lung conditions that alter their daily lives.
These programs may include:
- Monitored exercise programs
- Increased quality of life
- Making friends with people who have similar conditions
Cardiac rehabilitation is a medically supervised program designed to help heart patients recover and regain quality of life. Diagnoses include heart attack, bypass surgery, angina, stent, transplant and others. The program is overseen by a medical director and is staffed by registered nurses and master level exercise physiologists.
A feature of the program is Cassie, a certified therapy dog who is used to comfort, lower anxiety and depression, and to lower blood pressure, heart rates, and for many to just simply brighten their day.
To arrange for either an individual or small group tour contact Shannon Neumann at 727-869-5566 or email Shannon.neumann@HCAHealthcare.com.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Certified Advanced Heart Failure - Joint Commission (1st in the State of Florida - 1/2010)
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center - Joint Commission
- American Heart Association 2010 Get With the Guidelines Triple Performance Award Winner
- Gold Award in Coronary Artery Disease
- Gold Plus Award in Heart Failure
- Gold Plus Award in Stroke
- American Heart Association's 2009 Stroke Silver Plus Performance Award Winner (1st in State of Florida)
- Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2010
- Wound Care and Accredited Hyperbaric Medicine
- MRI Accredited - American College of Radiology
- Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program - American College of Surgeons.
- Accredited Chest Pain Center, with PCI - Society of Chest Pain Centers.
- Designated a 100 Top Hospital seven years by Thomson Reuters
- Named twice (1999 & 2002) by U.S. News & World Report as one of America’s Best Hospitals in Heart and Heart Surgery.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at14000 Fivay Road
Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.rmchealth.com or www.heartoftampa.com. Or visit us on Facebook.