Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point to Host Lecture and Tours As Part Of Their 30th Year Anniversary Celebration
March 07, 2011
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point, home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute, has announced that it will host a lecture by famed cardiologist, Rao Musunuru, MD, FACC, FCCP, FACP, FAHA (Fellow of the American College of Cardiologists, Fellow of the College of Chest Physicians, Fellow of the American College of Physicians, Fellow of the American Heart Association). Dr. Musunuru is also the American Heart Association’s 2005 National Physician of the Year.
Dr. Musunuru 's lecture will be given in recognition of RMCBP’s 30 years of service to the community (1981 – 2011). The lecture is entitled Stress and the Heart (Close Encounters of the Cardiac Kind). It will be given on Friday, March 18 at the Conference Center at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point, 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, Florida (at the back of the hospital campus). Registration is from 11:30 am to noon and the lecture will be held from noon to 1 pm and will be followed by tours of the hospital from 1 pm to 2 pm.
Seating capacity is limited. Reservations are required. For reservations call 727-869-5498 or 1-888-741-5119.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
- Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Certified Advanced Heart Failure - Joint Commission (1st in the State of Florida - 1/2010)
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center - Joint Commission
- American Heart Association 2010 Get With the Guidelines Triple Performance Award Winner
- Gold Award in Coronary Artery Disease
- Gold Plus Award in Heart Failure
- Gold Plus Award in Stroke
- American Heart Association's 2009 Stroke Silver Plus Performance Award Winner (1st in State of Florida)
- Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2010
- Wound Care and Accredited Hyperbaric Medicine
- MRI, CT, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited - American College of Radiology
- Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program - American College of Surgeons.
- Accredited Chest Pain Center, with PCI - Society of Chest Pain Centers.
- Designated a 100 Top Hospital seven years by Thomson Reuters
- Named twice (1999 & 2002) by U.S. News & World Report as one of America’s Best Hospitals in Heart and Heart Surgery.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.rmchealth.com or www.heartoftampa.com.
Marketing & Public Relations Contact: