Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point Hosting Blood Drive for Florida Blood Services
Hudson, FL (July 2010) — Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point (RMCBP) is sponsoring a two-week blood drive in conjunction with Florida Blood Services (FBS). Beginning Friday, July 30, potential donors should visit the FBS Office or they may donate on the RMCBP campus, when the bloodmobile visits the hospital on Thursday, August 5,from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. and on Friday, August 6 from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. The drive will continue through Friday, August 13 with the ability to donate at the FBS Office on State Road 52 and still be part of the RMCBP Blood Drive and eligible to receive additional incentives.
Individuals can donate blood at the Florida Blood Services Office, 7214 State Road 52, in Bayonet Point the following hours: 8 a.m. – 7 p.m. Mondays; 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Tuesdays,Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays; 7:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. on Saturdays and from 8 a.m. – 2 p.m. on Sundays.
Individuals who choose to donate and participate in the hospital’s drive may do so at the hospital or at the FBS office, on days/times specified. Individuals screened should let FBS staff know that they are donating blood as part of the RMCBP Blood Drive, to be eligible for a variety of prize drawings. Family, friends and guests are all eligible to participate.
Everyone who donates blood will receive a pair of flip flops, a wellness checkup, including a cholesterol screening and a chance to save 3 lives! In addition, all donors will receive a entry for a $50.00 restaurant gift card and all donors will receive a coupon for a complimentary meal at the Shoreline Cafeteria. Interested individuals who need more information are encouraged to call Florida Blood Services at (727) 819-3100.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Certified Advanced Heart Failure - Joint Commission (1st in the State of Florida - 1/2010)
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center - Joint Commission
- American Heart Association 2009 Get With the Guidelines Triple Performance Award Winner
- Gold Award in Coronary Artery Disease
- Gold Award in Heart Failure
- Silver Award in Stroke
- American Heart Association's 2009 Stroke Silver Plus Performance Award Winner (1st in State of Florida)
- Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2010
- Wound Care and Accredited Hyperbaric Medicine
- MRI Accredited - American College of Radiology
- Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program - American College of Surgeons.
- Accredited Chest Pain Center, with PCI - Society of Chest Pain Centers.
- Designated a 100 Top Hospital seven years by Thomson Reuters
- Named twice (1999 & 2002) by U.S. News & World Report as one of America’s Best Hospitals in Heart and Heart Surgery.