January 19, 2011
Living Healthy is a Chronic Disease Self-Management Program developed by Stanford University and licensed in the State of Florida through the Department of Health.
The Chronic Disease Self-Management Program is a “free” workshop given one and a half hours, once a week, for six weeks, starting January 28, 2011 at the Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point in the Shoreline Cafeteria Conference Room, 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. from 1:00 – 2:30 pm. Workshops are facilitated by two trained leaders, one or both of whom are non-health professionals with chronic diseases themselves. Master Trainer and certified leader will be provided by Community Aging and Retirement Services (CARES).
Subjects covered include: 1) techniques to deal with problems such as frustration, fatigue, pain and isolation, 2) appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility, and endurance, 3) appropriate use of medications, 4) communicating effectively with family, friends, and health professionals, 5) nutrition, and, 6) how to evaluate new treatments.
Each participant in the workshop receives a copy of the companion book, Living a Healthy Life With Chronic Conditions, 3rd Edition, and an audio relaxation tape, Time for Healing.* The materials are provided by the Dept. of Health.
Classes are highly interactive fostering mutual support and success. This helps build the participants’ confidence in their ability to manage their health and maintain active and fulfilling lives. For reservations and/or additional information please call (727) 869-5498 or 1-877-442-2362.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Certified Advanced Heart Failure - Joint Commission (1st in the State of Florida - 1/2010)
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center - Joint Commission
- American Heart Association 2010 Get With the Guidelines Triple Performance Award Winner
- Gold Award in Coronary Artery Disease
- Gold Plus Award in Heart Failure
- Gold Plus Award in Stroke
- American Heart Association's 2009 Stroke Silver Plus Performance Award Winner (1st in State of Florida)
- Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2010
- Wound Care and Accredited Hyperbaric Medicine
- MRI Accredited - American College of Radiology
- Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program - American College of Surgeons.
- Accredited Chest Pain Center, with PCI - Society of Chest Pain Centers.
- Designated a 100 Top Hospital seven years by Thomson Reuters
- Named twice (1999 & 2002) by U.S. News & World Report as one of America’s Best Hospitals in Heart and Heart Surgery.