Dr. Scott Norwood Appointed as Trauma Medical Director
June 08, 2011
Hudson, FL – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has announced the appointment of Scott Norwood, MD as Trauma Medical Director. Dr. Norwood comes to Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point from East Texas Medical Center in Tyler, Texas, a Level I trauma center.
Dr. Norwood is board certified in general surgery and surgical critical care. He brings with him a wealth of trauma and surgical critical care experience. He has been involved in trauma care for over 25 years and had the opportunity to develop and start new Level I and Level II trauma centers during his career. Dr. Norwood is widely respected in the trauma community and is knows for his research publications and his position as an editorial consultant for the Journal of Trauma, Injury, Infection and Critical Care. He is also a course director with state faculty status in Advanced Trauma Life Support.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is one of five HCA hospitals affiliated with the USF-HCA Trauma Network. As part of that affiliation, Dr. Norwood also holds a position as Clinical Professor of Surgery with the University of South Florida College of Medicine.
Recently Dr. Norwood had the honor of serving on the faculty of the Annual Las Vegas Trauma, Critical Care and Acute Care Surgery Conference, which is the best-attended such course in the world. This course has been over-subscribed for the last 10 years with more than 1,300 attendees. Over 80% of those who attend are physicians. This year’s 44th record-breaking year in the conference featured Dr. Norwood presenting several programs:
He participated in a panel discussion on case management
- Presented a commentary on DVT Prohylaxis and Filters
- Presented a seminar on Incarcerated Hernia in the cirrhotic patient and
- Presented a program on “Surviving Your Deposition”
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Certified Advanced Heart Failure - Joint Commission (1st in the State of Florida - 1/2010)
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center - Joint Commission
- American Heart Association 2010 Get With the Guidelines Triple Performance Award Winner
- Gold Award in Coronary Artery Disease
- Gold Plus Award in Heart Failure
- Gold Plus Award in Stroke
- American Heart Association's 2009 Stroke Silver Plus Performance Award Winner (1st in State of Florida)
- Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2010
- Wound Care and Accredited Hyperbaric Medicine
- MRI, CT, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited - American College of Radiology
- Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program - American College of Surgeons.
- Accredited Chest Pain Center, with PCI - Society of Chest Pain Centers.
- Designated a 100 Top Hospital seven years by Thomson Reuters
- Named twice (1999 & 2002) by U.S. News & World Report as one of America’s Best Hospitals in Heart and Heart Surgery.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at14000 Fivay RoadHudson, FL. 34667.
Marketing & Public Relations Contact: