Falls Prevention Awareness Fair
July 27, 2011
Hernando/Pasco Counties, Florida – Pasco County Falls Prevention Coalition members and Community Hospital, the future Medical Center of Trinity, Oak Hill Hospital and Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point, have teamed up to host the 2011 Falls Prevention Awareness Health Fair during SASSY (Seniors Are Someone Special Year-Round). The event is scheduled for Tuesday, September 20 from 10am-2pm at Gulf View Square Mall in New Port Richey, FL.
The Falls Prevention Awareness Fair will promote and increase public awareness about how to prevent and reduce falls among older adults. FREE Health screenings will include bone density heel scans to detect osteoporosis, hearing screenings, and blood pressure readings. Featured booths include Area Agency on Aging, HCA Hernando/Pasco Hospitals, Mobility Solutions, Alert 1, CARES, Wii Balance Awareness, Brain Injury Association of Florida, Alzheimer’s Family Organization, Pasco County Health Department, and more!
This FREE event features live entertainment and is open to the public. For more information, call (727) 834-5630.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care facility located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have over 350 physicians, 900 employees and 500 volunteers who comprise our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Certified Advanced Heart Failure - Joint Commission (1st in the State of Florida - 1/2010)
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center - Joint Commission
- American Heart Association 2010 Get With the Guidelines Triple Performance Award Winner
- Gold Award in Coronary Artery Disease
- Gold Plus Award in Heart Failure
- Gold Plus Award in Stroke
- American Heart Association's 2009 Stroke Silver Plus Performance Award Winner (1st in State of Florida)
- Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2010
- Wound Care and Accredited Hyperbaric Medicine
- MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited - American College of Radiology
- Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program - American College of Surgeons.
- Accredited Chest Pain Center, with PCI - Society of Chest Pain Centers.
- Designated a 100 Top Hospital seven years by Thomson Reuters
- Named twice (1999 & 2002) by U.S. News & World Report as one of America’s Best Hospitals in Heart and Heart Surgery.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at14000 Fivay RoadHudson, FL. 34667.
Marketing & Public Relations Contact: