Healthy Legs Support Group Meetings
October 06, 2011
Hudson, FL — Regional Medical Center has announced that the Healthy Legs Support Group is hosting meetings for those living with peripheral arterial disease (P.A.D.) on the first Thursday of every other month. The next meeting will be held at 3:30 pm on Thursday, November 3, 2011, in the Conference Center, which is located at the back of the Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point campus, 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, Florida 34667. The group encourages healthy fellowship and exercise.
This month’s program is entitled “Holiday Legs.” A panel of guest speakers will offer tips for the holiday season. The panel of experts includes:
- Melanie Schmitt, RRT (Registered Respiratory Therapist), CPFT (Certified Personal Fitness Trainer), Director of Respiratory Care and Sleep Lab
- Jill Corriveau, RN (Registered Nurse), BScN (Bachelor of Science in Nursing), CCRN (Critical Care Registered Nurse), Director of Educational Services
- Shannon Neumann, M.S. (Master of Science), ACSM (American College of Sports Medicine), Exercise Physiologist
- Jussara Madrid, BS in Nutrition and Dietetics
Admission is free and light refreshments will be served. Due to limited seating, reservations are required. Call (727) 869-5498 or toll free (855) 534-4325.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 900 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Recipient of the 2011 American Heart Association/ American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award.
- Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is the only hospital in Tampa Bay area to achieve the Gold Plus standard in both heart failure and stroke.
- Recognized in 2011 as one of the nation’s top performing hospitals in quality measurements by the Joint Commission, the nation’s leading healthcare accrediting body.
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center - Joint Commission
- Accredited Chest Pain Center, with PCI - Society of Chest Pain Centers
- Certified Advanced Heart Failure - Joint Commission (1st in the State of Florida - 1/2010)
- Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2010
- American Heart Association's 2009 Stroke Silver Plus Performance Award Winner (1st in State of Florida)
- MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited - American College of Radiology
- Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program - American College of Surgeons.
- Designated a 100 Top Hospital seven years by Thomson Reuters
- Named twice (1999 & 2002) by U.S. News & World Report as one of America’s Best Hospitals in Heart and Heart Surgery.
Marketing & Public Relations Contact: