Healthy Legs Support Group to Meet
June 10, 2011
Hudson, FL — Regional Medical Center has announced that the Healthy Legs Support Group is hosting meetings for those living with peripheral arterial disease (P.A.D.) on the first Thursday of every other month. The next meeting will be held at 3:30 pm on Thursday, July 7, 2011, in the Conference Center, which is located at the back of the Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point campus, 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, Florida 34667. The group encourages healthy fellowship and exercise.
The topic for July 7th Healthy Legs support group meeting is titled “Beat the Heat” - 3 Steps to Healthy Walking. Speakers include Melanie Schmitt, RRT,CPFT; Jill Corriveau, RN BScN CCRN, Director of Educational Services & Shannon Neumann, M.S. ACSM, Exercise Physiologist
To reserve a space or for more information, call (727) 869-5498 or toll free (855) 534-4325.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care facility located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have over 350 physicians, 900 employees and 500 volunteers who comprise our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Certified Advanced Heart Failure - Joint Commission (1st in the State of Florida - 1/2010)
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center - Joint Commission
- American Heart Association 2010 Get With the Guidelines Triple Performance Award Winner
- Gold Award in Coronary Artery Disease
- Gold Plus Award in Heart Failure
- Gold Plus Award in Stroke
- American Heart Association's 2009 Stroke Silver Plus Performance Award Winner (1st in State of Florida)
- Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2010
- Wound Care and Accredited Hyperbaric Medicine
- MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited - American College of Radiology
- Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program - American College of Surgeons.
- Accredited Chest Pain Center, with PCI - Society of Chest Pain Centers.
- Designated a 100 Top Hospital seven years by Thomson Reuters
- Named twice (1999 & 2002) by U.S. News & World Report as one of America’s Best Hospitals in Heart and Heart Surgery.
Marketing & Public Relations Contact: