New CEO Announced
May 10, 2011
Hudson, FL – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has announced the appointment of Shayne George as the hospital’s new Chief Executive Officer (CEO). Mr. George comes to Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point from Doctors Hospital of Augusta, Georgia, another HCA facility where he was an extremely successful CEO for the past six years, delivering significant volume growth and excellent patient satisfaction.
Mr. George also possesses experience leading the largest burn trauma center in the United States at Doctors Hospital of Augusta. This wealth of experience and leadership expertise will be invaluable as RMCBP moves forward with efforts to develop a Level II Trauma Center program.
He holds an MBA and an MHA from Georgia State University. He also holds a Bachelors Degree in Marketing from Auburn University. Shayne is an Executive Board member of the Georgia-Carolina Council Boy Scouts, a member of Leadership Augusta Class of 2001 and is a Fellow American College of Healthcare Executives. Shayne is a member of Wesley United Methodist Church. Other interests include: family, golf, tennis, snorkeling, fishing, boating, running, and travel.
Prior to his appointment as CEO at Doctors, Mr. George was the Chief Operating Officer for approximately five years; previous to that he held other COO positions within the HCA hospital system. Mr. George officially joins Bayonet Point on May 23, 2011.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Certified Advanced Heart Failure - Joint Commission (1st in the State of Florida - 1/2010)
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center - Joint Commission
- American Heart Association 2010 Get With the Guidelines Triple Performance Award Winner
- Gold Award in Coronary Artery Disease
- Gold Plus Award in Heart Failure
- Gold Plus Award in Stroke
- American Heart Association's 2009 Stroke Silver Plus Performance Award Winner (1st in State of Florida)
- Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2010
- Wound Care and Accredited Hyperbaric Medicine
- MRI, CT, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited - American College of Radiology
- Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program - American College of Surgeons.
- Accredited Chest Pain Center, with PCI - Society of Chest Pain Centers.
- Designated a 100 Top Hospital seven years by Thomson Reuters
- Named twice (1999 & 2002) by U.S. News & World Report as one of America’s Best Hospitals in Heart and Heart Surgery.
Marketing & Public Relations Contact: