Next For Your Health Presentation: Atrial Fibrillation - Treatment for Irregular Heart Rhythm
Marketing & Public Relations Contact:
May 18, 2011
Oak Hill Hospital and Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point Announce the Next For Your Health Community Education Presentation: “Atrial Fibrillation – Treatment for Irregular Heart Rhythm”
Spring Hill & Hudson, FL – Oak Hill Hospital and Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point have announced that they continue the very popular For Your Health community education series on Tuesday, June 14, 2011, from 5:30 pm to 7 pm. Luis R. Annoni, MD and N.S. Rattehalli, MD will present “Atrial Fibrillation: Treatment for Irregular Heart Rhythm.” The seminar will be held at the Plantation Inn in Crystal River, 9301 West Fort Island Trail, Crystal River, Florida.
Dr. Annoni is board certified in cardiovascular disease and board certified in electrophysiology. Dr. Rattehalli is board certified in thoracic surgery and cardiac surgery.
Atrial fibrillation (A-fib) is the most common heart rhythm problem. However, most treatments have been ineffective, and long-term medications often have side effects. Dr. Annoni and Dr. Rattehalli will be discussing a new, minimally invasive treatment that is now available.
Admission is free and a complimentary hot meal will be served. Seating is limited and reservations are required. For more information and to register call 352-628-6060 in Citrus or 352-597-6333 in Hernando.
About Oak Hill Hospital:
Oak Hill Hospital has been serving the Nature Coast since 1984. It is the largest medical facility in Hernando and Citrus County (234 acute care beds), is the area’s largest private employer, and offers Hernando County’s only comprehensive cardiovascular program.
Approximately 300 physicians, 1,000 associates, and over 375 volunteers comprise Oak Hill Hospital’s healthcare delivery team.
Oak Hill has achieved distinction as the:
- First and only open heart surgery hospital in Hernando County.
- First Chest Pain Center with PCI (heart catheterization) in Hernando County accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
- First and Only advanced level primary stroke center in Hernando County to be fully accredited by the Joint Commission.
- First comprehensive Women’s Imaging Center in Hernando County and the first imaging center offering digital mammography with computer aided detection.
- First hospital in the area to be recognized as an accredited cancer institute by the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS).
- First hospital in the region to achieve Heart Failure accreditation with the Society of Chest Pain Centers. And now...
- First hospital in the region to offer a comprehensive Orthopaedic & Spine Institute.
It is located at 11375 Cortez Boulevard, Spring Hill, 1.9 miles east of US 19 on State Road 50. For more information about this release, please contact Richard W. Linkul, Director of Marketing, at 352-597-6383 or Richard.Linkul@hcahealthcare.com. In Citrus call 352-628-6441.
For more information about Oak Hill Hospital, visit our website at www.OakHillHospital.com.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is a 290 bed full-service acute care hospital.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Certified Advanced Heart Failure - Joint Commission (1st in the State of Florida - 1/2010)
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center - Joint Commission
- American Heart Association 2010 Get With the Guidelines Triple Performance Award Winner
- Gold Award in Coronary Artery Disease
- Gold Plus Award in Heart Failure
- Gold Plus Award in Stroke
- American Heart Association's 2009 Stroke Silver Plus Performance Award Winner (1st in State of Florida)
- Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2010
- Wound Care and Accredited Hyperbaric Medicine
- MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited - American College of Radiology
- Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program - American College of Surgeons.
- Accredited Chest Pain Center, with PCI - Society of Chest Pain Centers.
- Designated a 100 Top Hospital seven years by Thomson Reuters
- Named twice (1999 & 2002) by U.S. News & World Report as one of America’s Best Hospitals in Heart and Heart Surgery.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667.