Physician Offers Presentation on“Is Snoring Affecting Your Sleep?
December 28, 2011
Hudson, FL - Oralmaxillofacial surgeon, David Powers, M.D. D.M.D., F.A.C.S., is the featured speaker for an upcoming lecture on “Is Snoring Affecting Your Sleep?”
An estimated 1 in 4 Americans suffer from chronic snoring. Snoring may also be a sign of obstructive sleep apnea (OS), a serious medical condition. OSA has been linked to high blood pressure, heart disease, and stroke. Depending on the severity of sleep apnea, this problem can have a significant, negative impact on daily living. Dr. Powers will be discussing a surgical management option.
This presentation is sponsored by Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point and will take place at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point, Conference Center, 14000 Fivay Road, in Hudson, on Tuesday, January 17 at 5:30 pm.
This event is free to the public. Refreshments will be served. Due to limited seating, reservations are required, and can be made by calling (727) 869-5498 or 1-888-741-5119.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 900 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
RMCBP has been approved by the Florida Department of Health, Office of Trauma, as a Provisional Level 2 Trauma Center. This designation means critically injured patients may have access to treatment in the “golden hour.” This is the first hour after a serious injury in which there is the highest likelihood that prompt medical attention will prevent death.
Through an affiliation with the University of South Florida Health, RMCBP has the support of a major academic university and medical school. A Trauma Center in our community means faster treatment to improve patient outcomes and keep patients close to home and their loved ones.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Recipient of the 2011 American Heart Association/ American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award.
- Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is the only hospital in Tampa Bay area to achieve the Gold Plus standard in both heart failure and stroke.
- Recognized in 2011 as one of the nation’s top performing hospitals in quality measurements by the Joint Commission, the nation’s leading healthcare accrediting body.
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center - Joint Commission
- Accredited Chest Pain Center, with PCI - Society of Chest Pain Centers
- Certified Advanced Heart Failure - Joint Commission (1st in the State of Florida - 1/2010)
- Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2010
- American Heart Association's 2009 Stroke Silver Plus Performance Award Winner (1st in State of Florida)
- Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine
- MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited - American College of Radiology
- Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program - American College of Surgeons.
- Designated a 100 Top Hospital seven years by Thomson Reuters
- Named twice (1999 & 2002) by U.S. News & World Report as one of America’s Best Hospitals in Heart and Heart Surgery.
Marketing & Public Relations Contact: