Physician Offers Presentation on“Shoulder Pain in the Elderly”
November 03, 2011
Hudson, FL - Orthopedic Surgeon, Duane Belongie, M.D., is the featured speaker for an upcoming lecture on “Shoulder Pain in the Elderly”.
Shoulder pain is a common affliction that affects many elderly people on a daily basis. Depending on the severity of the pain this type of problem can have a significant, negative impact on performing activities of daily living. There are several ways these joint pains can develop and be treated. Dr. Belongie will be discussing causes and treatment options.
This presentation is sponsored by Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point and will take place at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point, Conference Center, 14000 Fivay Road, in Hudson, on Thursday, November 10 at 3:00 pm.
This event is FREE to the public. Refreshments will be served. Due to limited seating, reservations are required, and can be made by calling (727) 869-5498 or 1-888-741-5119.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 900 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Recipient of the 2011 American Heart Association/ American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award.
- Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is the only hospital in Tampa Bay area to achieve the Gold Plus standard in both heart failure and stroke.
- Recognized in 2011 as one of the nation’s top performing hospitals in quality measurements by the Joint Commission, the nation’s leading healthcare accrediting body.
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center - Joint Commission
- Accredited Chest Pain Center, with PCI - Society of Chest Pain Centers
- Certified Advanced Heart Failure - Joint Commission (1st in the State of Florida - 1/2010)
- Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2010
- American Heart Association's 2009 Stroke Silver Plus Performance Award Winner (1st in State of Florida)
- MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited - American College of Radiology
- Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program - American College of Surgeons.
- Designated a 100 Top Hospital seven years by Thomson Reuters
- Named twice (1999 & 2002) by U.S. News & World Report as one of America’s Best Hospitals in Heart and Heart Surgery.
Marketing & Public Relations Contact: