Rao Musunuru, M.D. Elected President of Pasco County Medical Society
December 29, 2011
Hudson, FL. - Cardiologist Rao Musunuru, M.D. has been elected 2012 President of the Pasco County Medical Society. Dr. Musunuru has been serving residents of Pasco and Hernando Counties since 1981. Additionally, he has held numerous leadership positions in the medical community including Chief of Medicine, Chief of Staff, Chairman of Continuing Medical Education and Chairman of Board of Trustees at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point.
Dr. Musunuru received the Florida Board of Medicine Chairman’s Recognition award in 2006. He also received the 2010 Outstanding Physician Award presented by president of Florida Medical Association in recognition of exemplary medical, scientific, humanitarian, advocacy, educational and philanthropic contributions at local, state and national levels for three decades.
He also served on national leadership committees for American Heart Association and National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute at NIH (National Institutes of Health). He is the recipient of National Physician of the Year recognition from American Heart Association in 2005.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 900 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
RMCBP has been approved by the Florida Department of Health, Office of Trauma, as a Provisional Level 2 Trauma Center. This designation means critically injured patients may have access to treatment in the “golden hour.” This is the first hour after a serious injury in which there is the highest likelihood that prompt medical attention will prevent death.
Through an affiliation with the University of South Florida Health, RMCBP has the support of a major academic university and medical school. A Trauma Center in our community means faster treatment to improve patient outcomes and keep patients close to home and their loved ones.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Recipient of the 2011 American Heart Association/ American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award.
- Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is the only hospital in Tampa Bay area to achieve the Gold Plus standard in both heart failure and stroke.
- Recognized in 2011 as one of the nation’s top performing hospitals in quality measurements by the Joint Commission, the nation’s leading healthcare accrediting body.
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center - Joint Commission
- Accredited Chest Pain Center, with PCI - Society of Chest Pain Centers
- Certified Advanced Heart Failure - Joint Commission (1st in the State of Florida - 1/2010)
- Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2010
- American Heart Association's 2009 Stroke Silver Plus Performance Award Winner (1st in State of Florida)
- Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine
- MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited - American College of Radiology
- Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program - American College of Surgeons.
- Designated a 100 Top Hospital seven years by Thomson Reuters
- Named twice (1999 & 2002) by U.S. News & World Report as one of America’s Best Hospitals in Heart and Heart Surgery.
Marketing & Public Relations Contact: