Regional Idol Contest Raises Over $4,200
May 16, 2011
Hudson FL - The Annual Regional Idol Contest sponsored by Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point, to benefit the American Cancer Society’s Hudson Relay for Life took place at the Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point Conference Center on Friday, April 29.
Ten entries competed for the 2011 Regional Idol honors. Judges included: Bill Walsh; Chief Nursing Officer, Carolyn Quinlan and Darrel Scott.
This year’s winners’ are listed below:
1st. Place – Education Dept - Jill Corriveau, Vicki Murphy and Jan Bailie
2nd. Place Rachel Navarro
3rd. Place - 2 Central - Tammy Koehn
Over $4,200.00 was raised with the help of the Regional Medical Center Medical Staff, Blimpies Subs, Volunteers and Committee Members and attendees at the event. Linda Budzilek and Ralph Uzzi once again co-chaired the 8th annual benefit event.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is a 290 bed full-service acute care hospital.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Certified Advanced Heart Failure - Joint Commission (1st in the State of Florida - 1/2010)
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center - Joint Commission
- American Heart Association 2010 Get With the Guidelines Triple Performance Award Winner
- Gold Award in Coronary Artery Disease
- Gold Plus Award in Heart Failure
- Gold Plus Award in Stroke
- American Heart Association's 2009 Stroke Silver Plus Performance Award Winner (1st in State of Florida)
- Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2010
- Wound Care and Accredited Hyperbaric Medicine
- MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited - American College of Radiology
- Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program - American College of Surgeons.
- Accredited Chest Pain Center, with PCI - Society of Chest Pain Centers.
- Designated a 100 Top Hospital seven years by Thomson Reuters
- Named twice (1999 & 2002) by U.S. News & World Report as one of America’s Best Hospitals in Heart and Heart Surgery.
Marketing & Public Relations Contact: