May 17, 2012
Hudson, FL – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point announces that Madonna Edwards of its laboratory received this year’s sixth annual Employee of the Year Award. The Employee of the Year is the employee who best exemplifies employee excellence and is selected by the Employee Advisory Group (EAG). In order to be eligible for this prestigious honor, the employee has to be a 2011 Essential Piece winner. Madonna joined Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point’s laboratory in 2008 and received the third quarter Essential Piece award for her efficient, friendly, courteous, respectful and pleasant attitude and disposition which she displayed while treating her patients.
This year’s nominees for the Employee of the Year award and Essential Piece quarterly winners are:
1st Qtr 2011
Colleen Pascalli - RN
David Kokoruz - RN
2nd Qtr 2011
Rebecca Rudicil - RN
3rd Qtr 2011
Carol Ann Bialkoski - RN
4th Qtr 2011
Shae Jungkins - RN
Jeanine Baggott – RN
The Essential Piece award is given in recognition of customer service and performance. Nominations for this award are made by peers, supervisors, and patients who recount specific acts of kindness and customer service as well as a high level of job performance. The Employee of the Year received a gift catalog to select a gift of her choice, a 2011 Employee of the Year lapel pin, a plaque and parking pass for the physician’s parking lot for one year.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 900 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
RMCBP has been approved by the Florida Department of Health, Office of Trauma, as a Provisional Level 2 Trauma Center. This designation means critically injured patients may have access to treatment in the “golden hour.” This is the first hour after a serious injury in which there is the highest likelihood that prompt medical attention will prevent death. Through an affiliation with the University of South Florida Health, RMCBP has the support of a major academic university and medical school. A Trauma Center in our community means faster treatment to improve patient outcomes and keep patients close to home and their loved ones.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Recipient of the 2011 American Heart Association/ American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award.
- Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is the only hospital in Tampa Bay area to achieve the Gold Plus standard in both heart failure and stroke.
- Recognized in 2011 as one of the nation’s top performing hospitals in quality measurements by the Joint Commission, the nation’s leading healthcare accrediting body.
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center - Joint Commission
- Accredited Chest Pain Center, with PCI - Society of Chest Pain Centers
- Certified Advanced Heart Failure - Joint Commission (1st in the State of Florida - 1/2010)
- Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2010
- American Heart Association's 2009 Stroke Silver Plus Performance Award Winner (1st in State of Florida)
- Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine
- MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited - American College of Radiology
- Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program - American College of Surgeons.
- Designated a 100 Top Hospital seven years by Thomson Reuters
- Named twice (1999 & 2002) by U.S. News & World Report as one of America’s Best Hospitals in Heart and Heart Surgery.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road
Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.rmchealth.com or www.heartoftampa.com. Or visit us on Facebook.
Marketing & Public Relations Contact: