Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point to Present Seminar: “Stroke 911”
April 25, 2011
Hudson, FL – In recognition of May as Stroke Awareness Month, Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is presenting a community health education series dedicated to stroke. On Thursday, May 12, 2011 at 3 pm Wayne Wittenberg, MD will present “Stroke 911.” Dr. Wittenberg is a neurosurgeon and will discuss stroke as the number three cause of death and leading cause of serious, long-term disability in America. He will discuss the many different types of stroke and the treatment options for them.
The seminar will be held at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point’s Conference Center. Light refreshments will be served and seating is limited. Reservations are required. For more information and to register call 888-741-5119 or 727-869-5498.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Certified Advanced Heart Failure - Joint Commission (1st in the State of Florida - 1/2010)
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center - Joint Commission
- American Heart Association 2010 Get With the Guidelines Triple Performance Award Winner
- Gold Award in Coronary Artery Disease
- Gold Plus Award in Heart Failure
- Gold Plus Award in Stroke
- American Heart Association's 2009 Stroke Silver Plus Performance Award Winner (1st in State of Florida)
- Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2010
- Wound Care and Accredited Hyperbaric Medicine
- MRI, CT, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited - American College of Radiology
- Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program - American College of Surgeons.
- Accredited Chest Pain Center, with PCI - Society of Chest Pain Centers.
- Designated a 100 Top Hospital seven years by Thomson Reuters
- Named twice (1999 & 2002) by U.S. News & World Report as one of America’s Best Hospitals in Heart and Heart Surgery.
Marketing & Public Relations Contact: