RMCBP Announces Shalin Shah as COO and Tom Lawhorne as CFO
December 09, 2011
Hudson, FL – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has announced the appointments of Shalin Shah as Chief Operating Officer and Tom Lawhorne as Chief Financial Officer.
Mr. Shah has been appointed COO from his position as Chief Financial Officer at RMCBP, a position he held since 2007. Mr. Shah is a 22 year veteran of HCA. He brings to the position an established rapport with staff and physicians and an acute awareness of the market RMCBP serves. Mr. Shah holds an MBA and Bachelor’s degree from the University of Florida.
Tom Lawhorne comes to Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point from LewisGale Hospital, Pulaski. Mr. Lawhorne has worked in various positions throughout the HCA’s healthcare system since 1993. He has a reputation for not only focusing on the business aspects of hospital operations, but also on the vital role that the hospital plays within the community. He has always been involved in various aspects of the communities in which he serves. Mr. Lawhorne holds a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from Lenoir-Rhyne College in Hickory, North Carolina, where he graduated Magna Cum Laude. He and his wife, Andrea, and their 2 children now live in Hudson.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 900 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Recipient of the 2011 American Heart Association/ American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award.
- Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is the only hospital in Tampa Bay area to achieve the Gold Plus standard in both heart failure and stroke.
- Recognized in 2011 as one of the nation’s top performing hospitals in quality measurements by the Joint Commission, the nation’s leading healthcare accrediting body.
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center - Joint Commission
- Accredited Chest Pain Center, with PCI - Society of Chest Pain Centers
- Certified Advanced Heart Failure - Joint Commission (1st in the State of Florida - 1/2010)
- Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2010
- American Heart Association's 2009 Stroke Silver Plus Performance Award Winner (1st in State of Florida)
- Wound Care and Accredited Hyperbaric Medicine
- MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited - American College of Radiology
- Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program - American College of Surgeons.
- Designated a 100 Top Hospital seven years by Thomson Reuters
- Named twice (1999 & 2002) by U.S. News & World Report as one of America’s Best Hospitals in Heart and Heart Surgery.
Marketing & Public Relations Contact: