RMCBP Breast Cancer Support Group to Meet
September 13, 2011
Hudson, FL – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has announced that it will hold its regularly scheduled breast cancer support group meeting on October 4, 2011 at 6:30 pm at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point Shoreline Café conference room - 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, Florida 34667.
RMCBP breast cancer support group meets on the first Tuesday of every month at 6:30in the Shoreline Café conference room.
At this meeting, representatives from CARES will present information about “Tai Chi: Moving for Better Balance.” The free program consists of two 60 minute classes a week for 12 weeks. The classes are conducted by CARES and held at the Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point Conference Center at 1 pm Mondays and Fridays beginning July 11, 2011.
This Tai Chi program represents the result from years of scientific research and study. The program focuses on prevention of falls with the hope that through regular practice, Tai Chi will improve one’s balance and reduce the likelihood of falling. The program is being coordinated by Pat Sovonick, PhD, LMHC (Licensed Mental Health Counselor), home care consultant, health and wellness coordinator for Community Aging & Retirement Services (CARES).
Seating is limited and reservations are advised. For more information, call Diane Gosnell at 727-378-5647.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care facility located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have over 350 physicians, 900 employees and 500 volunteers who comprise our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Certified Advanced Heart Failure - Joint Commission (1st in the State of Florida - 1/2010)
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center - Joint Commission
- Recipient of the 2011 American Heart Association/ American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award.
- Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is the only hospital in Tampa Bay area to achieve the Gold Plus standard in both heart failure and stroke.
- American Heart Association's 2009 Stroke Silver Plus Performance Award Winner (1st in State of Florida)
- Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2010
- Wound Care and Accredited Hyperbaric Medicine
- MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited - American College of Radiology
- Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program - American College of Surgeons.
- Accredited Chest Pain Center, with PCI - Society of Chest Pain Centers.
- Designated a 100 Top Hospital seven years by Thomson Reuters
- Named twice (1999 & 2002) by U.S. News & World Report as one of America’s Best Hospitals in Heart and Heart Surgery.
Marketing & Public Relations Contact: