Seminars Offered to Celebrate Stroke Awareness Month
April 25, 2011
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point to Hold Seminars to Celebrate Stroke Awareness Month
Hudson, FL – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has announced that it will hold a series of community health education programs in recognition of Stroke Awareness Month (the month of May). On May 4 at 2 pm the hospital will present “Living Life to the Fullest” a seminar on how to improve upper extremity function after a stroke. The seminar will be held at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point’s Conference Center and will be presented by Maria Portera, OTR/L, occupational therapist. Ms. Portera will be presenting an overview on how to improve upper extremity functions after stroke.
Admission is free and refreshments are provided. Space is limited and reservations are required. For more information and to register call 888-741-5119 or 727-869-5498.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Certified Advanced Heart Failure - Joint Commission (1st in the State of Florida - 1/2010)
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center - Joint Commission
- American Heart Association 2010 Get With the Guidelines Triple Performance Award Winner
- Gold Award in Coronary Artery Disease
- Gold Plus Award in Heart Failure
- Gold Plus Award in Stroke
- American Heart Association's 2009 Stroke Silver Plus Performance Award Winner (1st in State of Florida)
- Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2010
- Wound Care and Accredited Hyperbaric Medicine
- MRI, CT, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited - American College of Radiology
- Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program - American College of Surgeons.
- Accredited Chest Pain Center, with PCI - Society of Chest Pain Centers.
- Designated a 100 Top Hospital seven years by Thomson Reuters
- Named twice (1999 & 2002) by U.S. News & World Report as one of America’s Best Hospitals in Heart and Heart Surgery.
Marketing & Public Relations Contact: