Volunteer Association Awards Two Scholarships
Marketing & Public Relations Contact:
September 08, 2011
Hudson, FL – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has announced that its Volunteer Association recently presented two $2,000 scholarships to graduating seniors from River Ridge High School. The scholarships were presented at a reception at the end of the school year by volunteer president George Niebler. Each of the recipients received a Certificate of Achievement and a bouquet of flowers.
The two recipients were:
Ashley Parisi-Goldblatt: Ashley graduated with a 4.1 grade point average. Ashley also volunteered over 190 hours at the hospital. She volunteered as a Courier during the summer months. Some comments from her teachers were that “Ashley is very involved and puts a hundred and ten percent into everything that she does.” Another comment read, “In addition to her studies, she also finds time to participate and assume leadership positions in many of our extracurricular organizations.” She will be attending the University of South Florida.
Lauren Mundy: Lauren graduated with a 4.2 grade point average. Lauren also volunteered over 190 hours at the hospital. Lauren volunteered as a Courier mainly during the summer months and school breaks. Some comments from her teachers were “Lauren is a thoughtful young lady who leads through example: she has been a delight to know,” and “She is a well-rounded student with a wide range of interests and endeavors which will complement and enhance any program of study she may participate in the future.” She will be attending the University of Florida.
In presenting the scholarships Volunteer President George Niebler congratulated the recipients and wished them a wonderful future.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care facility located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have over 350 physicians, 900 employees and 500 volunteers who comprise our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Certified Advanced Heart Failure - Joint Commission (1st in the State of Florida - 1/2010)
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center - Joint Commission
- American Heart Association 2011 Get With the Guidelines Triple Performance Award Winner (only hospital in Tampa Bay area to receive this Award)
- Gold Award in Coronary Artery Disease
- Gold Plus Award in Heart Failure
- Gold Plus Award in Stroke
- American Heart Association's 2009 Stroke Silver Plus Performance Award Winner (1st in State of Florida)
- Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2010
- Wound Care and Accredited Hyperbaric Medicine
- MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited - American College of Radiology
- Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program - American College of Surgeons.
- Accredited Chest Pain Center, with PCI - Society of Chest Pain Centers.
- Designated a 100 Top Hospital seven years by Thomson Reuters
- Named twice (1999 & 2002) by U.S. News & World Report as one of America’s Best Hospitals in Heart and Heart Surgery.