Ingredients and Preparation
- Place turkey breast in large 6-quart pot. Cover with water until at least three quarters full.
- Peel onions, cut into large pieces, and add to pot. Wash celery stalks, slice, and add to pot.
- Simmer covered for about 2-1/2 hours.
- Remove carcass from pot. Divide soup into smaller, shallower containers for quick cooling in refrigerator.
- After cooling, skim off fat.
- While soup cools, remove remaining meat from turkey carcass. Cut into pieces.
- Add turkey meat to skimmed soup, along with herbs and spices.
- Bring to boil and add pastina. Continue cooking on low boil for about 20 minutes, until pastina is done. Serve at once or refrigerate for later reheating.