These colorful skewers contain scallops, which are naturally low in total and saturated fat.
Serving Size 6-ounce scallop kabob
Total Fat 6 g
Saturated Fat less than 1 g
Cholesterol 43 mg
Sodium 355 mg
Ingredients and Preparation
Medium green peppers, cut into 1½-inch squares 3
Fresh bay scallops 1½ pounds
Cherry tomatoes 1 pint
Dry white wine ¼ cup
Vegetable oil ¼ cup
Lemon juice 3 tablespoons
Dash of garlic powder
Black pepper to taste
- Perboil green peppers for 2 minutes.
- Alternately thread first three ingredients on skewers.
- Combine next five ingredients.
- Brush kabobs with wine/oil/lemon mixture, place on grill (or under broiler).
- Grill 15 minutes, turning and basting frequently.