Chest Pain Center
Regional Medical Center Bayonet is an Accredited Chest Pain Center (as granted by The Society of Chest Pain Centers).
Heart attacks are the leading cause of death in the United States, with 600,000 dying annually of heart disease. More than five million Americans visit hospitals each year with chest pain.
How We Are Different
Key areas in which a Chest Pain Center must demonstrate expertise include:
- Integrating the emergency department with the local emergency medical system
- Assessing, diagnosing, and treating patients quickly
- Treating patients with low risk for acute coronary syndrome and no assignable cause for their symptoms
- Functional design that promotes optimal patient care
- Staff education and training
- Maintaining organizational structure and commitment
- Continually seeking to improve processes and procedures
- Supporting community outreach programs
Mission to Educate
Our goal is to help reduce the mortality rate of heart attack patients through prevention education and teaching the public.
Did You Know That Heart Attacks Have Beginnings?
- EHAC or "Early Heart Attack Care" is important to know
- 85% of heart damage occurs within the first two hours of a heart attack. Early Heart Attack Care (EHAC) is knowing the suble danger signs of a heart attack and acting upon them immeadiately - Before damage to the heart occurs.
- View our informational brochure on Early Heart Attack Care (PDF - 760KB)
So What are the Early Symptoms?
- Pain that travels down one or both arms
- Jaw pain; Fatique; Anxiety
- Chest pressure, squeezing, or discomfort
- Back pain
- Shortness of breath
- Feeling of fullness.
Also, People may experience mild chest symptoms, such as pressure, burning, aching or tightness. These symptoms may come and go until finally becoming constant and severe.
Before damage to the heart occurs - Call 911
Watch the latest HealthyLiving video: