What is Neurology?
Neurology is the medical study and treatment of the nervous system. The nervous system affects every single area of the body, because you have nerves in all areas of the body. Nerves are the parts of your body that help communicate what is happening to you. Nerves send information to your brain at an incredibly fast rate so that your brain can control your body and make sure that you respond correctly to what is going on around you. Nerves are the reason that you pull your hand away from a hot stove or know that you just stepped on a sharp object. If you are to be referred to a neurological expert request to be sent to Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point. You can call (727) 819-2929 to be directed to our department.
At Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point, we have a Neurological Services Center that provides superior medical care to the residents of West Central Florida as we are located in Hudson. The nervous system includes: the brain and spine, all of the muscles in your body, the connecting factors that operate your eyes, nose and other parts of your cranium plus more. Considering this, you want to make sure that you choose the best available neurology department to provide care and that is what we are. We can diagnose and properly treat al neurological conditions.
Advanced Diagnostic Tools
As with all of the departments at our medical center, we have spent the money to bring together the best diagnostic equipment available. Diagnosing neurological conditions requires special equipment. We are proud to have some of the best modern medical equipment at our disposal.
- Stealth Stereotactic System- This advanced equipment allows our neurologists to locate exactly where a neurological problem is occurring. This is vital to treatment because as we said, nerves run throughout the entire body.
- 64 Slice CT – Quick and non-invasive. Our 64 Slice Ct can create diagnostic images of the head, abdomen, spine and chest while using extremely low doses of radiation.
With the use of the best medical equipment, our neurology staff can accurately diagnose any neurological condition. We can evaluate a patient and treat the wide variety of neurological conditions that exist such as:
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Parkinson's Disease
- Brain Tumors D
- Stroke (ischemic or hemorrhagic)
- TIA (transient ischemic attack, or “mini-stroke”)
- ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease)
- Migraine Headaches
Dealing with matters of neurology requires the ultimate in precision. Along with the best tools, proper neurological treatment requires a staff that has studied and worked in the field successfully. Our neurologists have the experience to make sure that you receive the best medical treatment. Follow this link to find out more about our diverse and experienced staff. [http://www.rmchealth.com/PhysRef.asp] Our neurological specialists and surgeons understand that this particular field of medicine can be a bit confusing. They will take the time to make sure that you are comfortable with what is going on and what will happen in the future concerning your medical care. Our neurologists look to connect with their patients to make treatment easier and less stressful.
Superior Neurological Treatment
Our Neurological Services Department seeks the best ways to help patients overcome neurological medical conditions. Every patient’s situation is a little different from the next so our neurologists take the time to make sure that you get the best treatment option for your medical situation.
- Neurosurgery- This treatment option can come in a wide variety of forms. In essence, neurosurgery is any of the precise and complicated surgeries that are performed on any aspect of the nervous system. Whether it be a part of the brain, the nerves that help communicate feeling and function from the legs or the spine, our neurosurgeons have the know how to properly repair the body.
For additional information about neurosurgical services at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point, please call:
For the information you need to take charge of your health, visit our health library.
Qahtan Abdulfattah, MD
Ganesh Chari, MD
George Giannakopoulos, MD
Qin Gu, MD
David Malka, MD
Siddharth Shah, MD
Rakesh Shah, MD
Thondikulam Subramanian, MD
Indira Umamaheswaran, MD
Joseph Williams, MD