Conditions We Treat
Trauma is a serious injury or shock to the body. It is caused by a physical force, such as accident or violence. The injury may be complicated by psychiatric, behavioral, and social factors. This can cause the disability to be greater than just physical injuries. This condition almost always requires care from skilled healthcare professionals.
Some causes of trauma include:
- Car and motorcycle crashes
- Gunshot wounds and stabbings
- Other physical assault
- Fire, flood, earthquake, or other natural disaster
Resulting injuries often include:
- Chest and abdominal trauma
- Spinal trauma
- Extremity trauma (leg or arm)
- Facial trauma – including eyes, ears, nose and mouth
- Brain and head trauma
- Neck trauma
For more information about trauma care at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point, please contact us at:
Our patients have access to an experienced team of physicians, nurses, clinicians and rehabilitation specialists.
Find a Doctor
Get more detailed trauma information for your phone with the iTriage app.