Password for Patient Health Information
At admission, every patient is given a confidential password. Patients are told to share it with people they want to receive their confidential patient health information. Nurses and staff can provide information about the patient’s health ONLY to persons who know the password. This password is only for verbal communication regarding treatment or payment during this hospital stay. It will not be honored once the patient is discharged. Remember, our staff will not release health information without this password.
Your visit to the hospital can have a dramatic effect on a patient's well-being. As a visitor, your support and compassion are very important to a patient's recovery. It is also important to allow patients to rest so that they may heal. To make the visit beneficial, we suggest:
- Have no more than two visitors at a time.
- Carry on a cheerful conversation in a soft voice. Don't expect the patient to do a lot of talking.
- Plan on spending just a short time visiting. Although the visit is almost always welcome, it can be very tiring for the patient.
- If a patient is in consultation or in need of treatment, please step out of the room.
- If you are feeling unwell or have even a slight cough or sneeze, please do not jeopardize the patient's health by visiting. Consider a phone call or rescheduling your visit.
- When visiting, please do not sit on the patient's bed.
- If the patient you are visiting is sharing a room, please be mindful of the other patient's privacy and need for quiet.
- If you wish to bring balloons, only Mylar balloons are permitted. Latex balloons are not allowed in the hospital because of patient and staff allergies.
- We encourage you to check with the nursing staff before sending or bringing flowers. Flower delivery may be restricted in intensive care units as well as other patient care areas.
- For your safety and the safety of others, if your patient is in isolation, you must adhere to the isolation protocol. Please see the nurse for instructions.
- Entrance A - 8:00 a.m. 8:00 p.m.
- Entrance B - CLOSED TO PUBLIC
- Entrance C - 24 hours
- Entrance D - 5:00a.m. 4:00 p.m. weekdays; closed weekends
- Entrance E - 6:00a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Entrance F – "Limited" Access Hours
- Conference Center Map (PDF - 3.77 MB)