Treatments for Viral Upper Respiratory Infections (Colds and Influenza)
- Make yourself comfortable while the illness runs its course.
- Manage other conditions so they do not worsen during upper respiratory infection.
- Prevent complications from developing.
Beers MH, Berkow R. The Merck Manual of Diagnosis and Therapy . 17th ed. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley and Sons; 1999.
Fauci AS, Braunwald E, et al. Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine . 14th ed. New York, NY: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2000.
- Reviewer: David L. Horn, MD, FACP
- Review Date: 09/2014 -
- Update Date: 09/17/2014 -