Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is a 290-bed acute care facility located in Hudson, Florida. Home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute, over 350 physicians, 950 employees, and 500 volunteers comprise our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Our nationally recognized Heart Institute, Accredited Stroke Center, Accredited Chest Pain Center, Commission on Cancer approved Cancer Care, Orthopedic, and Neurosurgery programs are all examples of the high quality results we produce while caring for our patients. We provide a full range of adult cardiac services and our physicians are dedicated to the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of heart disease. We provide comprehensive cardiac service and have performed over 100,000 procedures since opening our doors.
The experienced nurses, technicians, therapists, dieticians and chaplains on our staff contribute to this commitment to excellence. This multi-faceted team of healthcare professionals have contributed to our ongoing history of quality performances as evidenced by the following awards in the past years.
- About Us
- CEO Message
- Community Involvement
- Contact Us
- Hospital Leadership
- Mission & Values
- Quality & Patient Safety
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 1,264 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Level II Trauma Center
- Accredited by The Joint Commission
- Healthgrades Multi-Award Recipient
- Five Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 13 years in a row (2005 - 2017)
- Five Star Recipient for Back Surgery eight years in a row (2010 - 2017)
- Five Star Recipient for Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm for two years in a row (2016 - 2017)
- Recipient of Healthgrades 2017 Patient Safety Excellence Award™
- Named among the top 5% in the nation for patient safety in 2017
- Five Star Recipient for Appendectomy for three years in a row (2015 - 2017)
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center - Joint Commission
- MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited - American College of Radiology
- Accredited Community Cancer Program - American College of Surgery
- Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: primary stroke center, sepsis
- Accredited Teaching Facility by the American Osteopathic Association, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education
New Smoking Policy - Effective April 1, 2013
In keeping with our mission to improve the health of our communities, we are committed to providing a safe, clean and healthy environment for our patients, employees, visitors and customers. The use of all tobacco-related product are prohibited anywhere on the hospital campus to reduce the risk associated with passive smoking, and reduce the risk of fire hazard.
Learn more about the smoking policy .
- Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point’s Nursing Staff Honors Anna Marshall, DO, as Its GME Resident of the Year
- Hospital's Osteopathic Internal Medicine Residency Program Ranks 16th out of 119 Nationally
- Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point Recognizes Geriatric Education Month with "Sailing Through the Silver Years" Tutorial
- Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine Annual Residency Fair
- Greatest Appreciation Presented to Graduate Medical Education Residents
- Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point Holds Its First Commencement Ceremony for Its Graduate Medical Education Program
- RMCBP Announces Its Graduate Medical Education Program's Resident of the Year and Faculty Physician of the Year
- RMCBP celebrated the graduation of its’ 2nd Osteopathic Internal Medicine Residency Class
- Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point Recognizes August as “Keeping Healthy Month” with a Special Tutorial on Osteoporosis
- Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point Announces Additional GME Program Accreditation