Welcome to RMCBP
This page is designed to give new employees an idea of what to expect as you begin with Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point. Our on-boarding process has several steps, so we encourage you to read this information carefully and let us know if you have any questions.
- Step 1– Offer and Scheduling Pre Employment Processing Appointment
- Step 2 – Background Authorization
- Step 3 – Pre Employment Processing Appointment & Documentation
- Step 4 – Occupational Health Appointment
Once an offer has been made and accepted, the new employee will be contacted by a Human Resources Representative to schedule a pre-employment processing appointment. New hires may also contact Human Resources at (727) 819-2929, ext *31870 to schedule an appointment at their convenience. Human Resources is open Mon - Fri from 7:30am - 4:30pm
All new employees are required to complete an online background authorization request in order to initiate the background check. To ensure your background screening is complete, please make sure your online application reflects the following:
- Highest level of education completed, including the city and state of the school(s) you attended,
- Residence for the last seven years,
- Employment history for the last seven years, plus any work history pertinent to the position for which you were selected. If there was a break in employment, please indicate the dates of the break in employment.
- You can update your profile by going to www.rmchealth.com, Click on Careers, Search Jobs, then Access My Profile (on the right hand side of the screen). Put in your User ID and password. The system will pull up your current application. You can review it and edit as needed.
Please visit https://weborder.precheck.net/Release/release1.aspx and enter the 4 digit code 8336.
During the pre-employment processing appointment, the applicant will review his/her new hire paperwork with a Human Resources Representative. Please visit the New Hire Documents Page to download the required documents for completion. The new hire will also receive an Orientation Packet which includes information on hospital policies and procedures as well as an Orientation Letter. The new hire will then proceed to the Office of Occupational Health. Please note the following:
- A minimum of 10 work days is needed to contact the new employee and have him/her complete the pre-employment process in order to begin working.
- Federal law states that an applicant must present I-9 immigration information. Please ensure you have all the necessary documentation when attending your pre-employment processing appointment.
- Per Hospital policy, all new and rehired employees must complete the pre-employment process before they can begin working.
- Any new hire file not fully completed by close of business Thursday cannot start orientation on Monday morning.
At the Occupational Health Office, the applicant will:
- Have a TB test administered
- A chest x-ray will be completed if a previous TB test was positive.
- A two-step TB test is required if the applicant does not have documentation of a negative test within the past year or if new to the health care industry.
- Please note: If you have documentation of your TB test and/or Flu Vaccination, please bring this with you to your medical screening.
- Provide a urine specimen for drug testing.
- Receive a medical health history questionnaire.
- Receive a TB mask fit testing questionnaire (dependent on position at the facility).
- Receive a request for documentation of titres to include varicella, MMR, and Hepatitis B.
The applicant returns to Occupational Health normally two to three days later to:
- Have the TB test checked.
- Review need for two step TB testing.
- Review the completed medical history.
- Review titre history and documentation.
- Complete a TB mask fit testing.
- Complete a color blindness test. (If applicable)
- Review influenza vaccine history.
- Possibly have laboratory testing completed.
Once all the Occupational Health processes are completed, Human Resources will be notified of clearance. If you have any problems or questions regarding your Pre-Employment Processing, please call Human Resources at (727) 819-2929, ext *31870.